The casemate is covered
by an ring vault on a central pilar. The German army shared it into
two floors during the Second World War. The two floors are now used for
temporary and permanent exhibitions.
The Fort in 1803 (when Napoleon's army stayed in Boulogne) : The casemate was disarmed, partitionned and used as a munition storage. German did the same in 1940.
The Fort 1804 : The
guns are only on two floors : the big ones on the lower level and
the others on the upper level.
|Welcome History The site Visit the Fort The society Publications Contact us|